I’ve told you before that I often write my blog during a Shut Up and Write group.
Today’s the day. Synchronistically, I was in a call this morning, where someone said that she was spending time shutting up so that she could listen. And it came to me: there are lots of things that we could shut up and do. This idea of quiet time sure appeals to the introvert in me.
Here are some of the ideas I came up with:
- Shut up and draw
- Shut up and read
- Shut up and walk
- Shut up and research
- Shut up and pet a dog (or cat, or horse, or rabbit)
And then, of course, I thought, “What about color? What inspiration do specific colors offer?” me?” So here’s that list:
- Red: Shut up and ground (hug a tree)
- Pink: Shut Up and Forgive
- Coral: Shut up and volunteer, get my hands busy
- Orange: Shut up and listen to your ancestors
- Gold: Shut up and look inside for today’s wisdom
- Yellow: Shut up and look at happy memories or photos or cat videos
- Olive: Shut up and let go of grievances and regrets
- Green: Shut up and garden
- Turquoise: Shut up and play
- Blue: Shut up and plan, dream
- Royal blue: Shut up and pray
- Magenta: Shut up and bake (for someone else)
- Deep Magenta: Shut and vision board
- Clear: Shut up and swim
- White: Shut up and clean
In my book, Pearl Harbour & the Explosions wins the Shut Up and Dance contest, but that’s because in my mind New Wave and New Age always win.
In the meantime, remember these things: You are loved. We are all loved. Let’s all be kind. And in all things – progress, not perfection!
Love and light,
Wanna talk about Color Thinking and coaching? drop me a line. firstname.lastname@example.org